In Italia, Carnival (Carnevale-Italian spelling) is a huge event. Other student teachers, friends of mine, went to Venice this past weekend to celebrate. Their pictures and stories are amazing. Everyone dresses up in masks and parties in the streets. This tradition is nation-wide.
The tradition even seeped into Naples Elementary School :o) I didn't want to put the pictures of the kids on the internet, but I have to say they are adorable. Everyone dresses up, and throws confetti around the school--even the administrators get into it! The Assistant Principal found it hilarious to dump a HUGE handful of confetti all over me--I was digging confetti out of my hair, my clothes and other more personal areas all evening.
My first experience of Italian tradition (although it was only at NES) was amazing!

1 comment:
how cute!
btw, i am the worst friend ever. i dont know if laura's emailed you or not, but David is here. 7lbs, 6 oz with his dad's nose and his mom's chin. he's beautiful. i'll send you a picture if i can figure out how to get it off my phone and onto my computer. miss you!
Post a Comment