
The annual American Speech-Language Hearing Association (AHSA) Convention was held in Chicago this year. Apparently it's our professors prerogative to talk current grad-students into going. I believe it's considered a right-of-passage. This year was no different, except that Chicago is a five hour drive from UNI--a lot of us went.
The drive there was ridiculously long! First of all, my allergies decided to act up half-way there. The rest of the night I was miserable :o/ The ride ended up being almost 8-hours long. I couldn't believe it. Blah...
When we finally arrived we entered J. Lynn's apartment that she was so gracious to offer us for a few days. It was absolutely beautiful! Floor to ceiling windows on a corner apartment in downtown. It was perfect!
The conference wasn't great. The speakers I saw weren't as high-quality as I expected, and the titles of the sessions were very deceiving. The $5 lunches were yummy, though. Over-all, the conference itself was not worth the $180 I paid. The rest of the weekend made up for it, though.

No comments:
Post a Comment