Thursday, March 5, 2009

Spring Has Sprung!


 This afternoon, on the usually predictable half-hour ride back to Capo, I was enjoying the wonderful sounds of Tom Petty on my ipod when I noticed an entire row of trees that had bloomed. The trees are along side of the highway that we take every morning and afternoon, but they hadn’t blossomed this morning. They were a beautiful white with a hue of pink It’s very refreshing to be reminded that the world continues turning while we’re stuck in our day-to-day activities…

 

Here’s a riddle/anecdote for you in order to figure out where my travels will take me next: Each time my supervisor visits this city she passes by the resting place of Raphael and places a flower at his tomb…

 

Any guesses? 


Here's a picture of the view from my balcony...that's Mt. Vesuvius.

2 comments:

Ash said...

ROME!!!!

he's buried in the Pantheon! (i think)

just fyi, i did not have to look that up, its just something i know. (i've been watching Ugly Betty a lot lately).

Katie said...

I didn't realize you were so poetic with the hues of pink and so forth. I think I like hearing from you through email better; it just sounds like my Maggo. What is this spring break business? I have no clue what you and your mom are talking about.